Disappointingly, the Reset Cup has not become the preferred description of the algorithm infused, two-points reset system best known as the FedExCup Playoffs, until next year when the vernacular changes again.
For Immediate Something:
NEW LOGO FOR THE FEDEXCUP PLAYOFFS
The seventh year of the FedExCup Playoffs kicks off this week at The Barclays, featuring the top 125 players in the 2013 FedExCup standings.
For your use, we have attached the new logo, "FedExCup Playoffs," that replaces the previous version, "PGA TOUR Playoffs." We would greatly appreciate any references going forward to be the "FedExCup Playoffs" and use of the new logo as well.
Additional changes to PGA TOUR vernacular are as follows:
· The Playoffs officially become the FedExCup Playoffs (with new logo).
· There should be no more reference to the Regular Season.
What about lower case regular season?
· The 2013 PGA TOUR Season concludes October 6 at The Presidents Cup. The 2013-14 PGA TOUR Season begins October 7 at the Frys.com Open.
· Reference to a specific tournament will still be by the calendar year in which it is played.
· There no longer will be a “Fall Series” on the PGA TOUR; those should be referred to as “season-opening events.”
· The final four events on the Web.com Tour are the Web.com Tour Finals, ending with the Web.com Tour Championship at TPC Sawgrass (Dye's Valley course).