Jim Wagner filled me in with a few more specifics about the minor work done at TPC Boston. Most of this won't show up on television, but I can say it makes a huge difference in making the greens feel a bit more naked and giving the golf course an older feel.
- Green surround mounding removed: No. 1, No. 10, No. 18
- Greenside bunker renovated: No. 4 (a feature was added in the left portion of the bunker to make player think a bit before automatically aiming for the hazard)
- New fairway bunker, mound removal: No. 9 fairway
- Bunker renovation, island added: No. 11
- Fairway expansion in first landing area: No. 18
It was interesting how many players didn't care for the tee shot options on No. 18 last year, so the expansion should help the shorter hitters a bit.
Here's No. 10 with some of the rear containment mounding that should be gone.