Michael Buteau filed a comprehensive Bloomberg story on the struggles of the golf car industry. Meanwhile Golfweek.com posted the results of a Club Car funded "white paper" titled "Golf Car Vandalism: No Joyride," which estimates that operators are losing $8-10 million a year due to...
• 72 percent of courses reported vandalism or golfers playing extra holes without paying a green fee.
• 27 percent said they had retrieved a vandalized golf car from a lake or creek.
• 48 percent reported unauthorized use of golf cars.
• 42 percent reported golf cars being driven in restricted areas.
• 21 percent reported theft of golf cars.
The only solution to all of this bad cart news? Just ban the carts. Yep, I know, shocking. But it's the only way can eliminate this wasteful behavior.