Historians will note A.W. Tillinghast had a similar idea 100 years ago for New York City rooftops, but this concept takes things indoors and goes all-in on pushing millennial hipster buttons--craft cocktails, street-food vendors, nine-hole rounds.
Thanks to reader JH for this story on the people behind Swingers, aka "The Crazy Golf Club" expanding from two London locations to New York's under-construction Virgin hotel on Broadway.
The description from their website, which is a lot sexier than "indoor putt-putt course":
Swingers West End takes crazy golf back to its seaside roots in a venue that reimagines the faded glamour of the 1920s English Riviera. Located just off Oxford Circus, step out of the hustle and bustle of London’s busiest streets and into a quintessential British seaside setting of food, drinks and fun, where the sun is always shining. Our 20,000 square foot venue is packed full of the following:
• Two nine-hole crazy golf courses
• Four stunning cocktail bars
• Four of London’s best street-food vendors (including a dessert vendor)
• The Grand Hotel Bar – our free-standing building within a building
• The world’s only Bandstand Bar
• An incredible 3D photo podium
• A variety of private hire spaces
An image from their Instagram account of :